Notre Dame Regional Secondary School is a Catholic school, one with the mission of Christ, which seeks to educate the whole student — the body, the mind, and the spirit.
In 1953, Archbishop Duke invited the Sisters of Charity of Halifax to establish a high school to educate the children of ten Catholic parishes in east Vancouver and Burnaby (Corpus Christi, Holy Cross, Immaculate Heart of Mary, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Helen’s, St. Jude’s, St. Mary’s, St. Theresa’s, Our Lady of Sorrows, Sacred Heart). The school is co-educational, offering academic, fine arts, and business programs, as well as athletic, performing arts, and other extra-curricular programs, for students from grades 8 to 12.
Based on the beliefs and traditions of the Catholic faith, our values include:
- Knowledge We pursue academic knowledge and knowledge of God and self.
- Love We are committed to loving the Lord our God with all our hearts, all our souls and all our minds, and to loving our neighbors as ourselves.
- Service With Jesus Christ as our model we serve our own community and respond to the needs of the greater community through prayer and good works.
- Excellence All members of the Notre Dame community strive to do their best. This commitment to excellence manifests itself in a strong work ethic and a persistent winning attitude.
- Community Students, teachers and staff, parents, pastors and parishes, and alumni work together as the Notre Dame community. We foster healthy relationships between all members of the community and we respect everyone regardless of difference.
Notre Dame Regional Secondary School is established in accordance with the Provisional Guidelines for the structure of school administration within the “Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese”. A local Education Committee, made up of two elected representatives from each of the ten participating parishes, and three pastors, elected by the pastors of those participating parishes, manages the school. One of these pastors is appointed as the Archbishop’s Representative for the school. The local Education Committee is responsible for the school, delegating the responsibility for the day-to-day running of the school to the Principal.
The International Students Program welcomes students into our school for short-term and for yearly programs. We acknowledge and appreciate the many contributions our International Students make towards our school. Notre Dame, Vancouver, offers a Grade 8-12 Curriculum, and Graduation Program as defined by the Ministry of Education of the Province of British Columbia and the Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese.