ADMISSION AND REGISTRATION
Information packages with brochures and application forms can be forwarded to you, at your request. Complete application form and sign the participation agreement on the form.
Please send your completed application packages to our office and we will assist you to organize your application before submitting to Vancouver School Board for you.
Submit original or certified true copies of school transcripts from current year and last two years(in English)
Pay CDN $500 non-refundable application fee in Canadian funds.
Average or above average overall academic achievement
Good academic standing, conduct and attendance as indicated on the transcripts
Availability of appropriate space in the International Education Program
All applicants will be acknowledged and applicants will normally be advised within 10days whether or not they have been accepted into the program.
A letter of placement will be issued upon approval from the approval.
Please pay the tuition fee and medical fee in full before the deadline stated upon receipt of the letter of placement.
An official letter of acceptance will be issued after receiving full fee.
Applicants may indicate a preference for up to three schools.
Subject to assessment by Board officials and is subject to available and appropriate spaces and programs in schools.
International students will be placed in a regular academic program and may receive English as a Second Language support based on assessment results and available program.
International students are NOT eligible for designated programs and services (e.g. special education or gifted students’ programs) or alternate programs.
If students are found to have special needs after enrollment in the program, the Board will not be able to accommodate those needs and the student must withdraw.
The Vancouver School Board will place the student into the final appropriate grade upon reviewing the student’s age and transcripts.
The Vancouver School Board reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the applicant’s school and program placement.
Applicants must obtain a study permit before leaving their country of residence to attend school in the Vancouver School Board. It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain a study permit from the Canadian Embassy, or Canadian Consulate in the country where the applicant resides. Recruiters may assist the applicants to consult the Embassy office for detailed information.
|School Fees (Prices quoted are in Canadian funds)|
|Tuition Fee per year (September to June the following year)||$14,000|
|Compulsory Medical Fee per year (September to August the following year)||$950|
|Homestay Placement Fee||$500|
|Monthly Homestay Fee||$900 / month|
|Daily Homestay Fee if less than one month||$30/day|
|Other Fees(if required)|
In the event that my child does not come to Canada or decides not to attend or to leave Vancouver School District’s International Program, I agree that the following terms will apply
a) The application fee is non-refundable in any circumstances;
b) For students in the first school year of participation in the International Program, the following will apply:
- the full tuition fee, less CAD$500, will be refunded upon receipt of satisfactory evidence that the Study Permit was not approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
- two-thirds(2/3) of the tuition fee will be refunded if the student withdraws prior to commencement of the program;
3. one half (1/2) of the tuition fee will be refunded if the student withdraws before the end of the first calendar month of the program; and
4. no refund will be granted, for any reason, if the student withdraws after the first calendar month of the program.
c) If a student indicates they will be returningto the Vancouver International Program for a second or subsequent school year and withdraws prior to commencing the second or subsequent school year, the following will apply:
- 50% of the annual tuition fee will be refunded if they withdraw from the program on or prior to May 31 of the year in which the second or subsequent year of studies is to commence;
2. No refund will be provided for any withdrawal after May 31 of the year in which the second or subsequent year of studies is to commence. d) No refund will be provided if a student is dismissed from the program because of violation of this Agreement.
e) Students who become landed immigrants after tuition fees are paid will not be eligible for refunds other than as stated in the refund policies.