ADMISSION AND APPLICATION
Information packages with brochures and application forms can be forwarded to you, at your request.
Please send your completed application packages to our office and we will assist you to organize your application before submitting to the Richmond International Student Programs for you.
All completed International Student Application form should include the following:
(a) The current school year and the previous two school years transcripts. They should be original or if photocopies, certified with the school stamp and should be in English.
(b) A nonrefundable Cdn$200.00 application fee to Richmond School Board. A photocopy of the picture page of the applicant’s Passport or Personal identification
All applicants must comply with the Canadian visa requirements. Applicants must obtain the Study Permit before leaving their country of residence to attend school in Canada.
PROGRAM FEES (Canadian Dollars)
Program fees can be paid by Certified Cheque, Bank Draft, Money Order, or Electronic Bank Transfer payable to the Richmond School Board. Full program fee payment is due upon receipt of the student’s letter of confirmed acceptance.
A non-refundable application fee of $200 is due at the time of application. The application fee should be made payable to the Richmond School Board by Certified Cheque, Bank Draft, Money Order, or Electronic Bank Transfer, or paid by credit card if applying for our programme online.
A $35.00 bank transfer fee is applicable for each Electronic Bank Transfer.
(The 2015-2016 fees will apply to applicants that pay their full program fees by January 1, 2016 for a program commencing September 2016. The new 2016-2017 fees will apply to applicants that pay their full program fees after January 1, 2016.
FULL YEAR TUITION & HOMESTAY WITH CUSTODIANSHIP: $25,000
FULL YEAR TUITION & HOMESTAY WITH NO CUSTODIANSHIP: $24,700
FULL YEAR TUITION NO CUSTODIANSHIP & NO HOMESTAY: $15,200
SEMESTER TUITION & HOMESTAY WITH CUSTODIANSHIP: $13,075
SEMESTER TUITION & HOMESTAY WITH NO CUSTODIANSHIP: $12,775
SEMESTER TUITION WITH NO CUSTODIANSHIP & NO HOMESTAY: $ 7,775
(Applicable to applicants registering for a second semester (February to June, 2016) program only.)
FULL YEAR TUITION & HOMESTAY WITH CUSTODIANSHIP: $24,000
FULL YEAR TUITION & HOMESTAY WITH NO CUSTODIANSHIP: $23,700
FULL YEAR TUITION NO CUSTODIANSHIP & NO HOMESTAY: $14,200
SEMESTER TUITION & HOMESTAY WITH CUSTODIANSHIP: $12,825
SEMESTER TUITION & HOMESTAY WITH NO CUSTODIANSHIP: $12,525
SEMESTER TUITION WITH NO CUSTODIANSHIP & NO HOMESTAY: $ 7,525
* All program fees are listed in Canadian Dollars.
* All program fees are inclusive and include medical insurance, documentation, courier and application fees.
* All program fees are subject to change at anytime at the sole discretion of the Board of Education No. 38 (Richmond).
The refund policy is in effect from the moment the student receives a study permit or visa until the moment
he/she officially leaves our program.
It is a fundamental condition of the Board of Education of School District No.38 (Richmond) agreement to provide your education, and the Board shall not be liable for losses or expenses you may incur as a result of the Board being unable to provide a program due to labour disputes or other causes beyond its control. Fees will only be refunded if the education program in which you are enrolled cannot be completed within the school year.
In the event that an applicant does not come to Canada or decides to leave the Richmond School District for personal reasons, a portion of the tuition fee will be refunded. Three hundred dollars ($300) will be retained to cover administration expenses. All refund requests must be submitted in writing with all supporting documents listed on the Refund Request Form. The following refund policy will apply to International Students:
- Full refund, less application and administration fees, if the study permit and/or visa is not approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). The student must submit a copy of the original CIC letter of denial.
- Two-thirds (2/3) of tuition fee, if the student withdraws prior to the commencement of the program.
- One-half (1/2) of tuition fee, if the student withdraws anytime between commencement and the end of the first calendar month of the program year.
- One-half (1/2) of tuition fee, if upon initial study permit/visa approval the student withdraws from our program to attend another program.
- No refund of the tuition fee if the student withdraws after the first calendar month of the program.
- No refund of the tuition fee if the student is found to be in violation of school rules (i.e. chronic absenteeism, drinking alcohol, taking drugs), provincial or Canadian laws.